Sony microphone a6000: The sony microphone a6000 lacks an audio jack for an external microphone. So, if you wish to use an external microphone, you’re out of luck. The A6000 has a powerful autofocus system that makes shooting films and photos a breeze. It is why so many videographers prefer it. However, you can utilize some external microphones with the Sony A6000. So, if you have an A6000 or plan to purchase one, you won’t need an external microphone any longer.
Ecmxyst1m sony ecmxyst1m sony:
The Sony ECMXYST1M is one of the few external microphone alternatives for the Sony A6000. It is necessary because the mic will not reject most noise in that range. If you’re not sure what setting to use, I recommend a low cut. The shock mount is also good since I was recording the movie, and the mic was shaking.
- Frequency Response 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- 3.5 oz. (100 g)
The two microphone heads can adjust for mono or stereo sound fields. You can get a cardioid pattern unidirectional sound by positioning the mic heads close to each other so they’re both facing the sound source.
- Lightweight; allows for easy camera movement.
- Option for a large soundstage
- The windscreen isn’t particularly effective while the camera moves, making some hissing noise.
The Zoom H1n is a plastic camera. It does not imply that it is frail or delicate; it is tough plastic. Because your a6000 lacks an input port, you must use a video editing program on your computer to sync the audio to the video while recording audio to the Zoom H1n.
- Built-in Cardioid Condenser Stereo Pair, X/Y Configuration Microphone
- Maximum number of tracks: two 96 kHz/24-Bit sampling rate and resolution
- A 500 W mono speaker is included in the device.
- LCD screen with 1.25-inch / 3.17-centimeter diagonal, monochrome (Backlit)
- MicroSD and MicroSDHC memory cards are supported (Up to 32 GB)
The Nikon D3400, the most extensively used camera, also lacks mic ports. As a result, you’ll require at least a rudimentary understanding of video editing. It’s easier to regulate because you don’t have as much width as 90 degrees, especially since the distance between the mic heads isn’t changeable. With the D3400, the Zoom H1n is the best external sony microphone a6000 to utilize.
- Protective mic head covering
- High maximum SPL
- To sync, you’ll need editing skills
- The input volume knob is readily bumped accidentally.
Sony ECM-GZ1M microphone:
The frequency response range of the Sony ECM-GZ1M microphone is 150Hz to 15 kHz. It indicates that this mic won’t produce a lot of basses. It comes with a windscreen that may remove. Because of the multi-interface connection, the camera records the sounds you capture through the mic.
Inches, millimeters, and centimeters are all used to describe the dimensions of this item.
It is convenient because the sony microphone a6000 has a 3.5mm, 14-inch, or XLR port for receiving audio. It makes it possible to easily record outside—the mount functions as both a balance platform and an audio recording route. In brief, this microphone is designed to record speech and produce a clear recording. The zoom/gun switch is a fun function to have.
- The zoom capability allows for better dialogue recording;
- Low-frequency background noise, like as traffic rumbles, is not picked up by the mic;
- The multi-interface shoe mount will enable it to work with the A6000.
- Its frequency response isn’t comprehensive enough for ambient or nature recording
Shure VP83F LensHopper:
The memory card is housed in a slot on the Shure VP83F LensHopper. You don’t have to send your audio to the camera if you record it directly to the card. Of course, this means that after you’ve captured the video, you’ll have to do some audio and video matching. The Lenshopper also includes a windshield, making it excellent for shooting outdoors on windy days.
- Battery Powered 1 AA Battery Required Specification
- Power Source – Battery Powered
- Unidirectional Polar Pattern
- 0.52 kilograms in weight 78 decibels of signal to noise ratio
- 10 hours of battery life
The Rycote lyre mounting method keeps the mic in place even if the camera operator is unstable. The overall sound grain of the Shure VP83F Lenshopper mic is rich. You’ll have a clean and crisp sound if you get the mic positioning right and point it towards the sound source.
- It has a long-lasting battery that can last a full day of shooting.
- It has excellent noise rejection
- It’s not great for recording ambiance due to its narrow pickup
According to user reviews, these are the best external mics for the sony microphone a6000. Because the camera does not have a microphone jack, you must use the built-in shoe to connect the external microphone. Because it is incompatible with universal microphones, you should opt for one of Sony’s microphones listed above. Choose a microphone with a multi-interface shoe for easy connection to your Sony a6000 phone.
Can you use a microphone with the Sony a6000?
The sony microphone a6000 does not include a microphone audio jack. That means you’ll either have to record video using the internal mic or find a compatible wifi solution.
What are the ports on a sony microphone a6000?
The A6000 has an HDMI port (Micro HDMI, Type-D) for wired connections, giving crisp HDMI output for video recording.
Is the Sony a6000 capable of recording in 4K?
Recording in 4K and slow-motion at 120 frames per second. It employs the XAVC S codec for Full HD at 50 Mbps, just like the a6000 with firmware update 2.00.